Cantabile's Quick Controller provides a fast way to load songs, states, presets and send simple MIDI events by entering a simple commands that consist of a number followed by a single letter command.
For example, to load the song with program number 123 you can type "123" and the letter 'S'.
Using the Quick Controller
Using the Quick Controller is simple:
- From anywhere on Cantabile's main window, start typing a number
- Press the letter for the command to be invoked, or press Space, Enter or Tab to invoke some commands (see options below)
When you start typing a number, it appears in the status panel on the main toolbar and a menu appears showing the available commands and the associated letter.
There are a few simple options that determine how the Quick Controller behaves. These options can be found in the Options → Keyboard and Controls:
The first three options determine which command is invoke when the Enter, Tab and Space keys are pressed. The checkbox supports disabling the popup menu (once you're familiar with the commands you need, you might find you don't need it).
Note that even with the popup menu disabled, you can still access it via the View | Quick Controller menu item.
- Assign Command
- Assigns the entered value to the selected numeric field. eg: If a song in the set list selected, it's program number will be updated. Also works on states, plugin presets, bindings and trigger settings.
- Load Song
- Load the song in the set list with a matching program number
- Load State
- Loads the state with the matching program number
- Load Plugin Preset
- Loads the entered plugin program to the currently selected plugin
- Invoke Triggers
- Invokes all custom triggers with matching custom event number
- Set MIDI Channel
- Sets the MIDI channel number of the on-screen keyboard and quick controller.
- Send Program Change
- Sends a MIDI program change event. To send banked program change enter the bank number and program number separated by a period. eg: 1001.23P will select bank 1001, program 23.
- Send CC (Push)
- Simulates pushing a MIDI CC button, sending value 127 followed by 0 to the entered CC number.
- Send CC (Switch)
- Simulates switching MIDI CC switch, alternately sending 127 and 0 between each invocation.
- Set CC Number
- Sets the CC number to be used for the Send CC Value command (below)
- Send CC Value
- Send the entered CC value to the CC number selected by the Set CC Number command.
- Set Note Velocity
- Sets the velocity to be used when using the Send Note On command
- Send Note On
- Sends a MIDI note on event for the entered note number (using the velocity selected by Set Note Velocity command)
- Send Note Off
- Sends a MIDI note off event for the entered note number
- Send Pitch Bend
- Sends MIDI pitch bend event
- Send Channel Pressure
- Sends a MIDI channel pressure event
- Set Tempo
- Sets the metronome's tempo
- Set Time Signature
- Sets the metronome's time signature. Separate each component with a slash. eg: entering "3/4I" will choose 3/4 time signature.