Cantabile Edition Comparison
Not sure which edition of Cantabile is right for you?
Cantabile is available in three editions - Lite, Solo and Performer.
The installation package include all three editions and you can switch between editions to compare them at any time using the Change License command in the Help menu.
Includes Cantabile Lite and trial versions of Solo and Performer (x86+x64)
Cantabile Lite is our free for everyone easy to use, simple but powerful VST host.
- Powerful VST Host - lets you load thousands of different VST 2 instruments and effects and play them in real-time.
- Integrated Metronome - works like a normal metronome for practice but also provides timing information to plugins so they can synchronize correctly.
- Multi-core CPU Support - processes plugins in parallel to get the best performance out of your PC.
- Touch Friendly UI - works on Microsoft Surface and other touch screen capable devices.
- Morph and Randomize - tools for designing new sound presets.
- Multi-Channel Audio - unlike other lightweight VST hosts, Cantabile isn't limited to stereo audio. Create as many ports and channels as you need.
- x64 & x86 Editions - both platforms are supported and built in support for jBridge if you have it installed.
Cantabile Solo is intended for lightweight live performance and/or home studio use. Cantabile Solo includes everything from Lite plus the following:
- Media Players - play audio and MIDI files either directly to output or process them through plugins.
- Automatic Recording - record audio and/or MIDI as you play.
- Set Lists - create a list of Cantabile song files and easily step through them.
- Advanced MIDI Routing - support for channel mapping, controller mapping, velocity curves, keyboard splits, transpose settings and more...
- Embedded Racks - racks are like self contained groups of plugins and other objects. (Embedded racks are saved in the parent song file and can't be shared across songs).
- MIDI Filters - low level filtering and mapping of MIDI events.
- Bindings - control just about anything from an external MIDI control surface. eg: map a button to start/stop recording or to load the next song, map knobs and sliders to plugins settings, gain controls etc... Bindings let you control your entire setup without having to touch the PC keyboard or mouse.
Cantabile Performer is our stage-ready high-performance product designed for serious live performance. It's focus is on song management, fast song switching and better integration and control of external gear.
- Rack and Song States - States are like presets and let you quick reconfigure a song or rack. eg: bypass one plugin, reconnect a MIDI route to a different target, change the gain level on a plugin etc... State switching is generally fast because the song doesn't need to be reloaded - it's just tweaking the already loaded objects and settings.
- Live Mode - a separate set of display settings for live mode verses practice/setup mode. Setup your screen as you need it for performing and easily switch to it.
- Show Notes - a large on-screen display for lyrics, chord progressions, reminders, images etc...
- Controller Bar - a large on-screen set of buttons for easy touch screen control
- Ticker Bar - a large sideways scrolling view of the set list that lets you quickly see what song and song parts are up next.
- Shared Racks - in Performer racks can be shared across songs so the same plugin instances can be re-used in different songs and don't need to be reloaded when switching songs.
- Pre-loadeded Set Lists - Cantabile can "preload" your entire set list including all songs, racks and plugins to make song switching super fast.
- Triggers - configure plugins or external gear when loading a song (eg: send a program change or sysex to an external sound module when a particular song is loaded)
- MIDI Reflection - reflect settings in Cantabile (or loaded plugins) to external devices. eg: have a motorized fader respond to changing a parameter in a plugin.
- MIDI Clock Synchronisation - Synchronize Cantabile's internal timing to an external MIDI clock source, or let Cantabile act as a master time source for other devices.
Of course the best way to get to know Cantabile and which edition will suit your needs is to download the free trial and give it a go!